As a collector of fine books, I love to put them on display on my bookshelves. Stacking a nice leatherbound hardcover book has its own challenges. The out hardcover extends few millimeters beyond the printed paged and when stored vertically, the weight of a nicely printed book will sag, including pulling on the spine that makes me cringe. That can also offset the boxy shape of your book.
There is always an issue of weight that makes the book sag, and stress the spine. One way is to shelve them horizontally, but that has an issue of pulling the books out. 15 years back, I found a way to solve this problem, so the books retain their shape. I made a video that shows the method we use. If you like to store them vertically, here is a way to take care of your books.
Also, check the links below for the supplies and books featured in the video. Your purchases help this channel. I hope you find it useful.
- Leather bound Brandon Sanderson’s books from his store
- The Way of Kings: Book One of the Stormlight Archive (The Stormlight Archive, 1)
- Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2) (The Stormlight Archive, 2)
- Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (The Stormlight Archive, 3)
- Rhythm of War: Book Four of The Stormlight Archive (The Stormlight Archive, 4
- Way of Kings Prime
This was a special edition of first draft of The Way of Kings. It was available as a part of Kickstarter campaign for the 10th anniversary leatherbound edition of The Way of Kings Kickstarter campaign.
- Westcott Multi-Purpose Guillotine Trimmer, 12″, Black (16559)
- Neenah Cardstock – Heavyweight, 110 lb/199 gsm
- Elmer’s Glue
- Elmer’s Clear Glue
Music used in the video – Sunday Groove by Michael Korbin.
May 21, 2021